- Industry-leading global organisation
- Great Albany location
- High performing company culture
Make a real difference in this exciting Development Manager role!
Software of Excellence is the global leader in providing dental practice management software and marketing solutions to the dental sector. Associated with Fortune 500 company Henry Schein since 2007, it is the fastest growing company in their industry.
As the Development Manager of the Ascend team, you will be responsible for creating plans for converting the product backlog into working software, setting and hitting sprint goals, and driving the team to achieve and sustain Continuous Delivery. Additionally you will be responsible for fostering a culture of unit testing and quality, as well as effective and efficient team performance as a Scrum Master.
Skills and Experience
• Understanding of agile methodology and frameworks
• Deep knowledge of web technologies used in the development environment
• Experience and good grasp of all aspects of the SDLC
• Experience in managing and motivating teams to achieve goals and deadlines
• Experience with .NET or Java-based web applications (full-stack, or back-end, or front-end)
• Java, C#, SQL Server, Hibernate, Hibernate, Spring, Rabbit MQ, Grails
• Knowledge architectural patterns such as MVC, MVP, Micro-service
Tasks and Activities
• Communication with internal and external business stakeholders
• Liaison and coordination of work with third party development partners
• Collaboration with peer group to ensure consistency of quality and process across teams
• Provide subject matter expertise for technical challenges and solutions
We are looking for a dynamic technologist who is experienced in leading successful development teams in a variety of challenging situations. You will be innately solutions driven with a constant focus on the big picture and driving towards the organization’s key milestones. Your wealth of technical experience and knowledge will be vital to the team however you will also be collaborative in your approach and empower your team to contribute as a whole.
In return you will get:
- to work on interesting, challenging and cutting-edge products
- to be part of a flexible, diverse and inclusive company culture
- a strong focus on personal development/career growth
- convenient north shore offices with free parking
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a robust technology strategy for a complex international organization – all from the comfort of the North Shore. If you looking for a role that is full of challenges, variety and opportunities, then we would love to hear from you.