- Full time, permanent role based in Albany for a Senior DevOps Engineer
- Recognised as one of the world’s most ethical companies - part of Henry Schein
- Brand new modern offices, casual dress code, flexible hours, training & development
‘Join a high performing DevOps team, with a global healthcare product leader; who will provide you with an innovative & flexible tech stack, a competitive salary with benefits and a supportive environment in which to grow’.
Our vision is simple. We use technology to drive the health and well-being of patients in our markets around the world.
Software of Excellence is the global leader in providing dental practice management software and marketing solutions to dentists and dental professionals. Part of the Henry Schein Group and with a presence across Europe, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia, we provide dental software and services for over 90,000 dental practices worldwide. Our existing solutions serve over 400,000 clinicians and over half a billion patients! Our goal is to help turn good practices into great businesses; using our expertise to continuously deliver clinical and practice management innovation to the dental profession.
We are experiencing considerable growth in New Zealand and as a result; we have recently relocated to brand new modern offices in Albany, as we look to increase our product range and expand the team.
Working within an existing team of 5 DevOps Engineers, reporting into the Engineering Lead – we are searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer who enjoys operating within a high performing, innovative and strategic Agile environment.
- You will be responsible for providing technical leadership and support, in the end-end development and operations pipeline from source control -> deployment -> monitoring and meeting SLAs for SOE’s cloud-based infrastructure and applications.
- You will maintain a highly efficient development and operations pipeline
- You will help strategically evolve our development habits to achieve and sustain Continuous Delivery
- You will ensure that environments are available and stable for use and tooling provides the requisite support to the team and wider program of work
- You will work with the DevOps Engineering Lead to set learning goals and demonstrate hitting them
- You are able to be on-call as required to support the system SLA
- Strong software development skills, ideally having worked with complex web applications hosted in a cloud operating system
- Expertise administering, scripting and monitoring complex web applications with high SLA expectations in AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with automated deployment pipelines (CI/CD) including deployment to cloud services
- Understanding of containerisation and containerised deployment such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux experience is essential – the majority of servers run on it
- Intermediate SQL/DBA skills
- Experience with the security considerations of hosting services including certificate management, security groups and hardening of web services
- Experience with disaster recovery and backup and restore strategies for cloud services
- Demonstrating technical leadership in Site Reliability Engineering
- Strong belief in the idea of infrastructure as code
- We use Terraform, Ansible, and Python for scripting – similar experience desirable
- We use Using Bamboo and TFS for deployment and Splunk for monitoring - similar experience desirable
- Git, TFS and GitHub/GitLab and BitBucket and mercurial on RhodeCode for Source control across different teams
- Degree in Computer Science or related qualification
- Strong communication skills, highly collaborative and able to think innovatively
What’s in it for you?
- New offices - modern, well-equipped work environment
- Flexible working - Core hours 10am - 3pm can start early or late
- Casual dress code and office environment
- Wellness and health benefits including insurance cover and more.
- Regular events and family oriented Christmas party
- Exposure to a wide range of modern technology stacks – Innovative & flexible
- We recognise creativity and encourage it
- Worldwide career progression opportunities
You will also receive a competitive salary and benefits package. So for your chance to further your career with a global leader, working within a highly innovative, flexible and supportive culture, APPLY via the link and our Talent Acquisition Consultant will be in touch to discuss further.